Your #1 Source for Motorized Bicycle Engine Kits, Parts and Service
image Follow Us:
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: jackshaft shift kit

jackshaft shift kit 5 years 1 month ago #2115

• bman
  • Junior Boarder
has any one tried putting a jackshaft shift kit on there bike. i was just wondering if it makes a big difference or not. im thinking 200$ it a little expensive if it doesn't really make much of a difference?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:jackshaft shift kit 5 years 1 month ago #2124

• farmboy72
  • ^-_-^
for no work than it is to make one, its way overpriced

Re:jackshaft shift kit 5 years 1 month ago #2133

• Haggard
  • Senior Boarder
If your talking about the jack axle kit from Sick Bikes, It looks like a real sweet setup and the few reviews I've read about it were all positive.
$200 is a fair bit of money for what it is and does . If you priced out all the parts and added in the hours that it would take you to design and build one yourself (time is money), its probably not that much over priced.

If you can afford it , go for it. lol
I would . It's Just not in the budget at the moment, but will probably get one when things pick up.

Haggard

Re:jackshaft shift kit 5 years 1 month ago #2135

• bman
  • Junior Boarder
i think i might try making one on my own. if that fails maybe ill buy one.

Re:jackshaft shift kit 5 years 1 month ago #2139

after buying my kit I talked with Andrew in the service department and he said that Zoom bikes will be coming out with a jack shaft kit very soon, so put a little pressure on whom ever you got the engine from, and hopeffully they will be avaiable soon thur your dealer, at a reasonable price

Re:jackshaft shift kit 5 years 1 month ago #2140

• Haggard
  • Senior Boarder
Wasn't aware ZB had a jack axle in the makes.

Evereything I've got from Zoombicycle in the last 2 years has been excellent..

Thanks for the heads up

. I'll wait and see Zooms product for sure.

Haggard
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Haggard.

Re:jackshaft shift kit 5 years 1 month ago #2147

• bman
  • Junior Boarder
Wow really that would be awesome. I hope ZB does put out a Jack shaft, the other guy charges way to much. :woohoo:

Re:jackshaft shift kit 5 years 1 month ago #2185

• tryinhard
  • Fresh Boarder
I bought the kit before I bought the engine, I now have my engine and have bolted the kit on, it is a pretty darn nice set up.

I have not attached all to my bike yet, but from what I see this should work pretty nicely.

I have built dirt bikes since I was a kid, and this is a quality set up.

I think it would be wise to buy the chain tensioner they sell as an option at sick bikes.

How cool will t be to climb the steepest hills with no problems?

Then hey hit the trails? Yep I am there.

I picked up a true temper bike for 15.00 at a thrift store, had a guy trying to talk me out of it before I got to the cash register, this thing has over size tires as well! YA!

Good kit, buy it I think you will be pleased.

Re:jackshaft shift kit 5 years 1 month ago #2189

• bman
  • Junior Boarder
that’s good to hear, but i think im going to wait for ZB to come out with there’s. I'm pretty sure it will be way cheaper, and well besides the point ZoomBicycles has treated me so good that i have to stay loyal to them. You just can’t beat there customer service.

Re:jackshaft shift kit 5 years 1 month ago #2199

• PowerRyder
  • Ride Smart Ride Safe Ride for Life
good news I was at ZOOM on friday and I was talking to ZBJAY and yes the jack shaft is in development ! no set date but the sooner the better I want to get my hands on one.
Ride Smart Ride Safe Ride for Life

Re:jackshaft shift kit 4 years 8 months ago #3850

• tryinhard
  • Fresh Boarder
I found a sure fire way of getting 50 miles an hour plus! Without blowing up the engine and with the stock 60cc engine!

First I put on a tuned pipe, here is what I did next most of you will probably not belive this and will say this stuff ruins the motor, no such thing.

I used this stuff on my motor home, big 460 engine gained 3 miles a gallon, used it on my Jeep straight six and gained 5 milles a gallon.

I called the old guy I buy this stuff from and asked if I can put this in my pre-mix oil, he said yes add 1/2 ounce to one quart then mix your gas.

Well my first ride out on the bike was real sluggish, today a week later I went again and at first was real sluggish, and after about twenty minutes bam! The thing took off like a race horse, I hit 54 miles an hour and had to back off because I got scared.
Oh by the way I as well use sick bikes jack shaft, woo hoo!!!!

Some are afraid of having chain problems, as long as your derailer is adjusted correctly you will love this amazing kit!
I can climb any freekin hill with this kit.

Now here is the deal on the oil treatment I added, after it did its work on the engine I could have kept right on pulling out past 54 miles an hour, heck even the engine was not screaming like it was going to go ballistic, it was saying lets go for more!

What is cool is I just barely crack the throttle and can cruise at 45-48 miles an hour no problem and the engine sounds like it is just putting along!

I stopped after about thirty minutes riding along the green river and sat on a bench for about five minutes and decided to put my hand to the engine and see how hot it was, I was able to lay my hand on the darn thing, it was hot but not too hot for me to keep my hand on it, even the crank case.

Thats what this oil treatment does, it reduces friction like you will not believe!

If you want to try this stuff and read about how it works, here is the link, I do not get a thing for this, I have been using it for about seven years.
I met an old guy running a slant six engine with no oil and the oil pan and oil filter off the engine, he ran that thing all day like that after the engine was treated.
He was at a local swap meet, the following is his link.

www.lubricationproducts.com/generalinfo.htm

Listen, I used to have a yahama 100cc two stroke engine, I have the 60cc kit on my bike with the jack shaft and this thing has almost as much torque and take off speed it just about feels like my old yahama on its bad day which was still really but kicking.
This thing has so much power I have to go easy with the throttle, I know I will rip a chain, or sprocket, or the darn spokes if I throttle full back on the darn thing.
Now I am off to pick up sick bikes heavy duty freewheel kit, and some alloy spoke rims, and play with the gearing, right now I bet I can hit 50-55 no problem, I only have a bicycle helmet so I do not feel so brave right now.

Re:jackshaft shift kit 4 years 8 months ago #3887

• Ghost0
  • Fresh Boarder
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" :)

Re:jackshaft shift kit 4 years 8 months ago #3890

• tacoma
  • Gold Boarder
I know passing time to built it ,and wont be perfect .Is cheapper to buy it. B)
ps.faster you go more is hurt when you crasch,those hurt :laugh:
Moderators: PowerRyder, JNMotors
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds